A Technical Writer creates documentation and education materials to boost user experience on a digital platform. Such documentation may come in the form of user guides, integration guides, API developer guides, in-platform instructions, installation/configuration instructions and system operations.
- Work with product managers, product marketing, and engineers to produce and maintain world-class documentation.
- Build and maintain client aids that go beyond traditional documentation, such as online video, demos, guided tours, and other educational techniques.
- Learn complex concepts, and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users.
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability.
- Act as an editor to ensure consistency in training documentation across [redacted].
- Monitor metrics on the usage of training materials as well as direct customer feedback to prioritize future training investments.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Previous software development experience
- Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators
- Experience using XML tools to create documentation
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Task Based SCRUM Agile Schedule
- Internet Package for Work From Home
- Daily Transport
Offer ended on 31/12/2020